Sunday, March 27, 2005

Week 34

Derek starts school on Tuesday. He's scheduled everyting for Tuesday an Thursday so he goes all day on thsoe two days. It's not a bad arrangement overall, though it makes those two days really long. He's not looking forward to starting the one class. It's the first degree specific (MIS) class he has to take and he doesn't think it will be much fun. I think he will be fine, but then again, I seem to have more confidence in his abilities than he does : )
He petitioned the school to drop his bad grade from two quarters ago so he can bring his GPA back up. That hopefully won't take too long, but you never know with bureacracies, right?
He got all of his grades back from last quarter (finally) last week. He got three A's and a C. He was a bit unhappy about the C, but lucky for him he doesn't have to take anymore classes in Economics, so he might be able to avoind getting anymore of those. His GPA is still respectable which is good. The A's helped too, though the C did bum him out a little.
I found out that I have bronchitis on Friday. I suppose I knew that and was just avoiding the doctor. They gave me antibiotics, cough syrup (YUCK), and an inhaler. I feel like a walking pharmacy. Mason however is doing fine. In fact, I think he gets a kick out of the biouncing that occurs when I cough.
My new job is pretty laid back, though I am still in the early stages, so that could possibly change. I hope not though. When I get off maternity leave (sometime in July), I will start travelling, so it's got some perks. I am definitely going to San Antonio, which is not a hardship at all. The work itself sounds very interesting, so I should have fun. If you can call work fun.
We have a busy week ahead. Alexis has to go to the dentist Tuesday, Mom has a meeting with the financial advisor on Wednesday to discuss lon-term care options, and I have a Dr's appt Thursday morning. Not to mention the million and one little details that will crop up along the way. Why is it that when you are already busy, there are so many more things that HAVE to get done at the same time?
Oh, and I am now 34 weeks along. Mason could be born now and have very few problems, which is nice to know. The info says he's about 18-20 inches and over 5 lbs, with fully developed lungs. Right now he is supposedly putting on fat. He can have any of mine he wants, I swear I don't mind.

No comments: