Friday, March 04, 2005

Additional Friday Chatter

Ok, Alexis will live. She had her first run-in with a dentist this morning. We thought she had an infected tooth, so we made a quickie appt with our dentist, and she is ok. She needs some additional dental work, but no infected tooth, so life is good. Next on the agenda is the eye appt. That is less invasive so I think she will be ok. Plus, the place we are going sells Scooby Doo frames for kids in case she needs glasses. WHat more could a 10 year old want, but Scooby Doo glasses?

The four year old was good this morning. She didn't fight about getting out of bed, taking a shower, or getting her hair brushed. She was kind of floppy when Daddy went to put her clothes on, but beggars can't be choosers, right? She ate breakfast (chocolate donuts - so sue me) on the floor and made a mess, but she cleaned it up so that was ok too. I ended up taking her to school, since the dental appt was at 8:00 this monring. It was the best I could do on short notice, but at least Alexis got in. Mercedes demanded to wear her new pink rain coat (even though it is suppsoed to SNOW today), but it was easier to give in than fight with her since we were in a hurry.

Mason has been awake off and on since 1:00 am. He's being quite rude, kicking my bladder when it's already full and I am in the middle of class. Or aiming for the back of my ribs. That really HURTS sometimes. He also likes to use my belly-button as a punching bag which is really a unique feeling. At least he's healthy, right? Next OB appt is Monday, so we can hear how he's doing first-hand then. No more pictures, at least not for a while, sorry. I ought to take a tummy shot to share. I'm getting quite roly poly. It's cute!

Derek now has a plan for the next two years or so for his school. If he wants to take 4 classes a term he can finish in the Sping of 2007, otherwise it will be the fall. I think it's pretty cool that he can see the light at the end of the tunnel. God knows he's been stressing enough over it. It looks like he will pull all A's this term, though there is the possibility of a B or 2 if finals don't go very well. I think he'll do great, but I always think that. Next term will be a bit lighter for him, which will be really good. Kind of a break, I guess.

Mom is doing well. She's tired right now, but it has been a busy week. With Alexis arrival, normal day-to-day activities, shopping for Alexis and now multiple doctors appts at odd hours, you can't really blame her. She's also working on 2 absolutely gorgeous baby blankets for classmates of mine, so that's keeping her busy as well. She did spoil herself and get a new Easter dress yesterday and some really pretty sweaters. It's one of those things you have to do every once in a while, right?

It looks like I will graduate as planned on 21 MArch. I still think it's a crock that I can only invite 4 people. Oh, and they recommend getting a babysitter for small, sticky people. Like those little people aren't improtant parts of my family who I want to share the experience with? I guess the imp[ortnt thing is that I will be DONE. NO more school, at least for a while! Of course, no more slacking during the week either. Oh well, I will survive.

No comments: