Thursday, March 24, 2005

Another Day in "Paradise"

Well, alexis seems to be over her bronchitis, however, it has hit Mom really (really) hard, so she's staying in bed again today.

I am on the recovery side of the crud myself, so I am not worth a whole lot either. Mercedes had a day or two of problems, but she seems to be over it now. She's her usualy bouncy self.

Derek is taking care of some administrative things for school this week. He also says he wants to get the house cleaned up but I think that will end up happening after I have Mason. He doesn't multi-task well.

Work is going well. Very quiet. I had forgotten how laid back the lab is. What a nice change. No 16 hour days, no outrageous deadlines. I can live with that. Really, I can.

What is really nice is not having to worry about homework or a thesis. I definitely think a PHD is a bad idea. Another Bachelor's would not be so bad, but nothing more than that. It's too hard on everyone involved.

Tomorrow night we are going to dye eggs at our house with the girls and some neighbor kids (Christy, if I forget to call, we are doing it aorund 6:30 Friday night, you are all welcome). That ought to be interesting. It's fun though, even if it is messy. It's part of the Easter holiday for the kids, so we can't leave it out. Saturday morning we are doing a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt which ought to be a riot. I can only imagine how funny that will be to see all of the little people running around looking for eggs. I am hoping its nice enough to have the picnic afterwards.

It's been raining off and on this week, so there is no telling what Easter is going to look like. I guess its better than snow, right? I'm definitely sick of cold weather.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Thanks but my Mom has decided to come down for the weekend so I think that we will just relax at home! Thank you very much though!

Thumper said...

Mike keeps saying the same thing...no PhD. Never. He doesn't need one for his job and has no interest in EVER going back to school. Well, unless it's like Poker School, or How To Win At Slots school...