Saturday, March 12, 2005

Saturday

Ok, I was very depressed yesterday, but I am better today. The reader who is making my life difficult basically told me that I can do so much better and unless I clean up my thesis by Wednesday she won't sign. I think we will go without her signature. It's a bit late in the day for these games.

I stated Mercedes blog (see Sidebar) today. I think I will wait until Mason is born to start his. The next question is, do I start one for Mom? hmmm. . . .

I have no studying to do, no homework, nothing. My advisor said not to worry over my thesis this weekend and we would see what happens on Monday. Easier said than do, but I will try.

We have a light snow on the ground, but I think it will melt off today. I am tired of these little storms that make everything yucky but don't make it worth it to stay home. At least the big storms justify staying under a warm blanket with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate. I so miss San Antonio.

I suppose I could take a nap and hope the snow melts off. I was going to take the girls to the YMCA pool today, but 'Lex isn't feeling well, so that's off. Maybe I should scout through my books and find one to read.

Patch is still peeved with us. She had to go to the vet recently. She has a urinary tract infection, and they also pulled blood for some additional tests. She's getting old, so she's prone to other problems like diabetes or kidney failure. She's been acting up lately, so we wanted to have her checked. She also got her annual shots which she took stoicly. She also has some lovely antibiotics that we give her twice a day. That is a two person job, so we have to corral her and jump her then pry open her mouth and force the medicine into her. She won't talk to us for a while after that, but at least she isn't spitting it back up. The dogs go next month, so Derek gets to worry about them.

1 comment:

Thumper said...

Again, I am soooo glad Mike didn't have to do a thesis...

Before we had Max, we had another cat, Dusty. For the last year of her life we had to given her several different meds several times a day. If you have to do it long enough, you get VERY good at it. Plus, the cat just gives up, and that helps...