Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I hate colds

Why me? Why me when I am 8 months pregnant? Sigh! Alexis started it last week when she came home sick. Mom followed, but is recovering quickly (more quickly than anyone else). Sunday it hit Mercedes and I in a full frontal assault that is still going on. We aren't sleeping, our noses are like leaky faucets, and we feel awful. Last night Mercedes woke up at 3 AM with a coughing fit. She finally got back to sleep around 5 AM and the alarms started going off at 6. Derek and I both turned the alarms off and went back to sleep until I woke up at 7:30 and realized we were all still asleep. I didn't hear Mom and Alexis get up to go to school or anything. Needless to say, I am tired. So is Derek.

Derek only has one final left. He does not seem to think he did very well on the other three, but he won't know until next week. He only has three classes next term so it shouldn't be so bad. He also has spring break with the girls next week. I start back to a real job next Tuesday. Oh joy.

I got my grades yesterday. I am graduating with a 3.47 GPA, which I am not unhappy about. Yes, I could have done better. Yes, I know it's a respectable GPA. But I am having that overachiever attack. My thesis is still not complete, but all I am doing now is editting (still, so I get to graduate and go forth into the big world. I think I will be editting for the next 6 months, so I am feeling much calmer now. That's saying a lot, considering how high strung I am.

1 comment:

Thumper said...

Wow, worry y'all are getting hit so hard with the creeping crud.

But hey, 3.47 gpa!!! That's awesome!