Friday, July 01, 2005

I'm So Happy

Well, except for the fact that we lost one of the two sets of Mom's keys in this house somewhere and the other set got locked in the car. $55 later and a visit form the locksmith and we have the car open. Now we need to have another key made and hope it doesn't happen again. Our guess is we will find the other key next winter when we wear some of our winter clothes, or when we move. Lovely. . . .

On the happy side, I can fit into some (not all) of my prepregnancy jeans again. Yes, they are a bit tight and it takes more work to button/zip them, but I can wear them! Yes, I can wear them! It gives me hope. Along with the 350 crunches on the AB Lounger, the pushups and the lateral thigh trainer, I might just get myself back into shape. In fact, I might be in better shape than I was before I got pregnant at this rate. If it would just stop raining, I could go for walks or bike rides. The bike rides are a bit rough as I found out a few nights ago. There are TOO many hills around here, and my bike has only one gear. Boy, that hurt. But I got a heck of a workout.

Derek is studying all day today for his presentation. He's very worried about it. He had a smaller version yesterday that he said was really bad. He does not do well with speaking in public. He's fine with the writing though and is doing very well. He also got a 109% out of 100% in his biology class, for a solid A. I sometimes wonder if he's in the wrong degree program. . . . He's hoping for an A in his Business Communication class so he can bring his GPA up. So far he's got a decent chance.

We've been plannnig 'Lexi's birthday party and we think we have a pretty good plan in place. We have started getting stuff for her too. There will be alot of games and stuff. She will be filling water balloons for days beforehand. : )

Mom, Alexis, and I found some truly gorgeous dresses at a little kiosk at the BX yesterday. Did we need them? No! They were not a bad price though and they were comofortable. We went back and got Michelle's Christmas present too. We think she will love them. We each got her something. Brittney might be getting something from there too. The clothing is distinctive yet pretty. And the colors are (sigh) wonderful. I found a deep green dress that I love. Alexis found a gorgeous dark blue and Mom found a fuschia. And the dresses are such that they could be casual to casual dressy. I like that. Of course, I like clothes.

I need to go get pictures into envelopes and addressed. Oh fun. I probably need to write some letters too. Sigh! It's going to be a busy day!

No comments: