Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I Did It

Yes, I did it. Really, I did. I went out and rode my bike last night. Those hills really suck! I did it though and my legs were telling me how much they did not like it. This was after I had done 250 crunches and 10 pushups, so I might have been a bit tired to begin. But I did it! I think tonight I will stick with the fast walk. That's a bit easier on me. The bike ride was nice though. It would have been a lot nicer without those hills though!

I am semi-committed (or I should be) to getting back into shape and dropping 10 more lbs. How well will that work? I don't know. I am naturally lazy and not used to having to work on getting my body to look ok. It's hard. I would rather eat Blizzards and watch cartoons. I think I can live with myself if Idon't lose the weight, but it would be really nice if I could.

I am looking at taking online courses for a degree in psychology too. Am I a glutton for punishment or what? I have to use the last of my GI Bill or lose it for good, so I am considering an online degree in psychology. I found one in forensic psychology but the school is not approved by the VA. I figure getting another degree makes me more marketable in the long run. However, I am NOT willing to do a PhD program or write another thesis. I am a bit crazy but I am NOT absolutely insane (yet).

Derek finishes his Biology course this week (tomorrow). He has done so well that he does not have to take the final and he still gets and A. I am really happy for him, though he has been a bit of a bear off and on. He now has to finish the Business Communications course. He does not think that will be a problem. So far he has an A in that class as well. He has a presentation to do that he is not looking forward to but I am sure he will do fine. He's better at this school stuff than he gives himself credit for.

I guess I need to go do some more dishes. I really HATE dishes. Laundry is not so bad, dishes, uggg!

No comments: