Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Sunny side up

I am out of bed. It is only 9:16. We thought Mom had a DRs appt, but, again, I did something screwy with the calendar becuase the drs office said she did not have an appt. It could have been they screwed up spelling her name - again. No telling. Anyways, I was up before 8:00 AM this morning. Sigh.

Mason is trying to decide if he REALLY wants to wake up yet. He gets a bath once he wakes up, but he doesn't mind those. He makes some really cute chuffing noises when he first goes in, then he settle down and enjoys it. He does not like when I take him out though. I think I will wait until reinforcements (Mom and Alexis) get down here, so I can have someone to dry him off as soon as his little butt leaves the water. He so has me trained!

I looked at the co-pay for Alexis braces from United Concordia. If we get custody of her and get her added to our insurance it will be a 50% co-pay according to the bookelt. Now, can I really trust that they will pay that much? I don't know. I can hope, since the procedure will be around $5500, but there is no telling.

I need to go do stuff, like laundry and address envelopes with pictures, and stuff like that. Oh the joys of being home.

1 comment:

Thumper said...

They pay 50% up to a certain max--I'm not sure what the amount is. It was $1500 (the amount they would pay) when Curt needed braces; I would assume it's gone up since then, but other stuff hasn't gone up, so who knows. They did pay 50% to Curt's first ortho...nothing to the next.

Any good ortho or dentist doing braces will let you make payments for the rest at zero % over the length of the treatment. If yours wants to charge interest, walk away. $5500 is a lot, anyway...even with the special blocks Curt needed to widen his palate and lengthen his jaw, it didn't add up to that, even adjusting for inflation.