Saturday, June 11, 2005

Wassup. . . .

She's becoming-shudder-interested in boys. His name is Kody and he's 14. He's a nice young man and "cute", so I can understand why Alexis likes him. I just wasn't ready for it. Thankfully, she is still adamanatly denying that she could POSSIBLY like a boy. Heaven help me when she starts admitting to liking boys and maybe thinking of having boyfriends.

To add to the fun, she's gorgeous. It's not that I did not think she was beautiful, but it was the realization of how boys are going to see her. It really struck me when we were going to church on Sunday and she was all dressed up and was wearing her hair down. Thank GOD the boys didn't see her!

We start swimming lessons for both Alexis and Mercedes on Monday. They are both water babies, and I expect they will do very well. We will start going to the pool regularly next week so the girls can swim. I am finally ready to fit myself into a swimming suit, though I still need to lose 10-15 lbs. I need to actually work out though, and I am lazy about that.

Alexis also wants to do horseback riding lessons but I am not sure we can afford that at this time. Things just seem to keep coming up. I think that's just part of life though. We'll look into it and see what it requires. If we can do it, then we will. She's still got guitar lessons too, so she's somewhat busy.

Mom is doing so much better, though her DR is treating her for pneumonia (3 times in a month-sigh). She's cleaning out someof her boxes and stuff so we can put it into storage. This house is so small that we don't have room for the extra stuff. It's frustrating but there is not much we can do about it.

Mercedes is doing good. Her "school" year ended on Thursday and they had a picnic for the parents to attend. Mercedes was showing off "her" baby to her teachers. It was so cute. She asked me if we were going to have a baby for Mason too. I told her to talk to her father about that since he doesn't want to have any more kids. I still think three is the ideal number, but not for another 2-3 years. : )

Mason seems to be doing well. He's slowed doing his growing some I think, but he is still a big boy. He's chubby and roly poly right now. A lot of people think he's a little girl because of "all that hair". I imagine he will outgrow that though. He's a bit congested right now, but I think that's because of the allergy thing. This area is awful! I am having some congestion and drainage, and since he's using my immune system, I imagine whatever is bothering me is bothering him.

Derek starts school next week. He's got Biology and Business Comminucations for the next 5 weeks, then he starts another class in MIS. He will be pretty busy since these are condensed courses that require a lot of writing. He thinks he got all A's and B's from this last term though the grades have not been posted yet.

I am working frantically to complete the online course I started in April. I have until Thursday to finish. It is not hard, just time consuming and somewhat dry. I don't go back to work until August 1, so I need to decide if I want to start another online course now, or wait until I get back to work. I think maybe the first part of July would be good to start the second course, that gives me a month at home and a month at work to finish. The sooner I finish the sooner I can start other projects. Like maybe another Master's program in something I like, though that hope seems dim.

No comments: