Monday, July 11, 2005

Our Weekend

You know, it's nice to see old friends. You know, the people who knew you before you were a spouse/parent/adult. They remind you of who you were and that you used to be a fun person. God we are all getting old. We've all put on a couple of pounds (some more that a couple), gotten some gray hair, and just generally gotten older. And you know what really matters? None of tht made a difference when we saw each other. We hugged and talked and laughed like it was yesterday that we had last seen each other. Oh, and the wedding was beautiful too.

It was a nice wedding. The plantation was gorgeous. Amazing how people really did live like that. And I am so spoiled, central heat and air, how would I live without it?

Speaking of friends, Christie and Pat are leaving - soon. It's a definite downside to military life. You find people you like and can get along with and they leave or you leave. I can only hope that the people who move in next are as nice as Pat and Christie. An added bonus would be a 10 or 11 year old girl for Alexis to hang out with. I don't know what she is going to do once Sami leaves.

Mason has his 2 month well-baby appt this afternoon. I think he's doing very well, but I will be happy to have the doctor confirm it. Yes, I am still hyperensitive. After all of the miscarriages and Mercedes incident I am probably overly concerned about my children, but hey, I'm a mother.

The wedding was beautiful, West Virginia, Pennsylvanie, MAryland, and Virginia are gorgeous states. Derek was not overly thrilled driving through the mountains although Alexis was enjoying tormenting him about heights. The mountains themselves were beautiful, though I think I prefer the beauty of wide open plains more. I think I would be a bit claustrophobic surrounded by a forest.

Derek had a ball talking to old friends and actually seeing people he knew. He also had fun showing his children of which is to be expected since none of our old friends knew we evenhad kids. I am wondering how much money changed hands when they found out we are still married. . . .

The hotel we stayed in was nice. Especially the King size bed. Oh yes, our next bed will be a king size bed. There was more than enough room for us and it was quite comfortable. The only downside I can see is finding homes with bedrooms large enough to accomodate the bed. Still, it would be SOOO nice!

I am glad the trip is over, though. Those long road trips are hard on everyone, paticularly the 4 year pold who is ALWAYS hungry these days. She does not always eat a lot, but she is ALWAYS hungry it seems like.

Well, it's bath time for Mason and I need to get Alexis up shortly to go to the orthodontist. Fun days!

No comments: