Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Kids Say the Funniest Things

As I was feeding Mason last night, Mercedes was being her usual curious self. There was a baby picture of her in a frame on the table. She told us that it was Mason. Very cute. It also tells me how much the two of them look alike. Do you think that will bother them as they get older?

I think I have decided what to do about another degree (and when). I have GI Bill Benefits through January 2007, and I hate to let them go to waste, so I think I will start a PhD in Psychology this fall. Ouch! I also need to finish that class for my information assurance certification, but I think that will have to wait until next fall. The PhD will require a dissertation which I DO NOT want to do, but it makes me more marketable in the long run, and besides, I can be Dr Thiem. Isn't that a hoot?

It hit me this morning that I only have a few more weeks of leave left, then I have to go back to work. It's not that work is so bad, it's that I am so lazy. I work with nice people and don't mind the job at all, it's just nice to not HAVE to work every day. The realization that I would not MIND being a house-spouse has struck me several times over the last few years. I enjoy holding my babies for hours at a time. I like to be able to go to their events without any questions. I want to be involved in their lives. Plus, sleeping in is not a bad thing either. I don't see it happening though, so back to the degree thing. . . .

'Lexis gets her braces next month. It's cheaper than we expected, though still almost $5000. We are going to go ahead and do it since they are having a summer special, then once the custody paperwork comes through we are going to see if Tricare will pay some of it. The doctor says that she will have to wear them for two to two and a half years, so right before we leave she will get them off. I think part of that time will be wearing a retainer, so it's not all bad. She's resigned to it, though I can't blame her for not wanting them. The doctor says that her teeth and jaw will be painful later on if she doesn't have it, so a little pain now, or a lot later? A little now I think!

I think we are going to the Dayton Air Show this weekend. It sounds as if they are going to have a lot of really neat stuff. On the downside, it's a bit pricey. I didn't realize they were charging admission, I guess I was thinking it was like air shows on bases where it's open to the public. Oh well, it will be interesting, I think.

I need to give Mason a bath now. He likes baths, so it won't be too bad. I'm just hoping that he doesn't decide to pee on me again. I think he waits until I am being less than cautious and lets fly. He's got both arc and distance, though the aim is not always so good. And people wonder why I think little girls are easier. Sigh!

No comments: