Saturday, April 09, 2005

Quick Update

This has been a slow week in some ways, but still busy.

Derek is knee deep in homework now. The instructor sent out three homework assignments that are due on Tuesday and that's just one class. He hasn't taken any tests yet, but he seems to be doing alright. There is just a LOT of homework for the three classes he has.

Mercedes goes to the doctor on MOnday for a speech and hearing screening. It's mandatory here in Ohio. They are big on that. A lot of kids we know are going to developmental classes to help with their speech. Personally, it seems a bit much to me, but I am not a dr.

Patch has survived her two weeks in confinement. She's happy to be out from what I can tell. She's being pretty demanding about attention though. I just hope she does't start peeing on the carpets again. I would hate to have to lock her up again.

Mason seems to be doing fine. He can be pretty rambunctious when he gets going. I am really hoping that next week is the week. We have an OB appt on Friday, but I doubt they will do anything since it will only be week 36. I am getting braxton-hicks contractions off and on, so my body is definitely preparing to give birth. I keep waking up expecting my tmmy to be gone : )

Next week is busy busy busy. Both girls have things going on. Alexis has parent-teacher vonferences and guitar lessons. Mercedes has gymnastics and a Sibling class. We will be going full-tilt.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Hey Cowgirl,

Cool blog! I noticed your daughter plays guitar. I teach guitar in Seattle and recently started a blog on my website about guitar teaching and playing. I posted a few entries recently--Strumming 101 comes to mind--that your daughter might enjoy. It wasn't clear to me how old she was, but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

http://www.heartwoodguitar.com/blog/blog.html

I've also got tons of songs that I've written out for my students here:

http://www.heartwoodguitar.com/chords.htm

I hope this is a good resource as you help your daughter learn.

Have fun,

Rob