Friday, April 15, 2005

Friday Morning - All Alone

It sure is quiet without Grandma and Alexis puttering around getting ready for school. I don't mind the quiet, it's just the routine is broken.

Mason has dropped some more. Now I have space beneath my lungs,though I still can'tbreathe half the time. And he's awake most of the day now. It's fun to watch him kicking. It looks like the scene from the movie Alien where the alien is coming out of the guys stomach. I know, lovely thought isn't it?

I had the weirdest dream last night. I don't think I want to discuss it here since it was THAT odd. No, I am not reverting to puberty and having wet dreams (sicko). But it was one of those dreams that you wake up from and just wonder, could it happen, is it true, where did that come from?

I have the ever wonderful OB appt today. Gee, and it's ANOTHER doctor. How could I get so lucky? How hard is it to work the DRs schedules so they can see the same patient the whole way through the pregnancy? I see someone next week, if I make it that far. That makes what? six, seven OBs I have seen?

I got to tour the maternity ward last night. They have the nice all-inclusive rooms with quits that made them look really homey. Of course, I am not sure that I will really care about the beds once the labor starts, but perhaps afterwards if I stay a few days. I can handle staying a few days and not worrying about cooking, cleaning, or clean sheets. Hey, there is just something nice about a freshly made bed with newly cleaned sheets. It's a comfort issue. If I could find a bed that automatically changes the sheets every day and makes itself I would be set.

I am debating starting another Master's degree. (CRINGE) However, this one would NOT hve a thesis. I was looking at online degrees in psychology. There is one from an accreddited university that is for Forensics Psychology. Being the ghoul that I am, I am very interested. Since I still have GI bill benefits, it might be worthwhile to get another degree in something I am really interested in. Besides, it gives me another option when I retire. At least it looks good on a resume, right?

Today is grocery shopping day too (groan). Alexis is out of school so I can use her as slave labor to help haul the stuff around. I keep thinking I need to work it out to go every week, but that just screws up my system. The pain of going every two to two and half weeks is more than enough. God knows I don't want to fight the crowds the rest of the time. And there always seems to be crowds, even in the morning. But hey, dollar for dollar it's worth it. Sadly. . . .

Derek is threatening to quit school again. One of his professors made a comment that was probably not inclined to make Derek feel good about the class or the program he's in. I am beginning to think he should change programs myself, but he's not sure that the VA will let him, especially since they are footing the bill. On the flip side, he's considered a Senior now. Gee, and he's not graduating for two more years. He's got some tough courses right now, and the summer is going to be just as bad though more condensed. He's only taking classes in the first session, and they are doozies. Business Writing, Biology, and something degree specific. Ouch. I do not miss that feeling of being overwhlemed and bogged down.

I suppose I should make an effort to get up and go to work. But I don't want to. It's not that I didn't get enough sleep last night, becuase I didn't, however, I did sleep fairly well, all things considered. I wasn't up half the night with a sick little person, or going to the bathroom. And I know, you really wanted to know that last part. I am the queen of TMI some days.

Oh yeah, I need to go to work. See how easily distracted I am. Gee, look at the pretty colors. . . .

1 comment:

Thumper said...

We almost went to the commissary today..then we remembered it's payday. Not willing to put up with the crowds we went to a grocery warehouse nearby--holy crap, I think it was about 20% cheaper than the commissary. Their fruit sucked, but still...

Won't they make Derek pay back all the tutition they've forked over if he quits or flunks out? I hope not, but that popped into my head.