Saturday, April 02, 2005

1/2 Days

I tried to submit this last night, but blogger was giving me fits, so here I am again, trying to re-construct my semi-coherent thoughts from last night at bedtime.

First, I had an OB appt on Thursday at 0800. I am not sure Derek really appreciates those early morning Drs appts. Anyways, Mason dropped last weekend and there was some other stuff going on so the dr decided to be cautious and check me out for pre-term labor. 2 hours, one cervical exam, and time on the fetal monitor proved that was not the case, though my cervix is starting to thin out (meaning we should have a baby in the next few weeks). Derek was actually hoping I was in labor, he's ready for Mason to arrive. I figure it will be one of those 4:00 a.m. nudge, nudge, Honey, my water just broke, it's time to go. He will either be off like a shot, or grumble and roll over. The second one would not be an advisable action.

The doctor has also put me on 1/2 days at work to give me some relief from the discomforts of late pregnancy. I love my doctor. I am also wearing BDU's full-time (one in the CSAF eye) and am authorized tennis shoes, but I am not willing to look like a COMPLETE dork. It's bad enough that I already look like a beached whale. I am twice as big with Mason as I ever was with MErcedes, and I'm not done yet. I've only gained about 27 or 28 lbs, but boy, I feel huge. I don't look as big as other women at the same point which I guess is good, so I shouldn't complain, but I feel huge!

Derek is grumbling about school now. All three of his classes assign homework every day, so he's got a boatload of homework twice a week. Ahh, too bad. What's funny is that he got a letter from the head of the accountancy (accounting) department inviting him to come in for a discussion of the possibility of changing his major to accounting. Hee hee hee. He doesn't want to be an accountant, but it's nice to be wanted, right?

We are heading off the the Auto show now. Wish me luck, and lots of empty benches to sit on.

No comments: