Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Our Busy Lives

Derek starts mid-terms this week. Oh life is going to be so much fun. He gets grouchy when he doesn't do well on his tests. He's also got homework and a paper due today, so I am sure he will be hard at work after I leave.

Mom started water aerobics yesterday. Many thanks Christie for coming up with the idea, giving her the push she needed, and taking her. Hopefully your workout was good for you too. Mom slept for four hours after she got home, so I think it was definitely a workout. She says she's a bit achy in some places this morning, but not too bad.

I have started an online course that is required for my job. I figure I can do part of the work at home so it should not be a problem. I am not overly thrilled about having to take the course, but hey, it gives me a certification which can't be all bad. Actually, I have two more to take before I get the certification, but still, I get something out of it. A little education never hurt anyone, right.

We have been playing boggle recently. It's been quite interesting. Mom and I have a tendency to use some words that throw Derek for a loop. Alexis is really good at finding wors that no one else sees. It's fun, though there is always the controversy. Plus, in the heat of the game, we tend to forget the CORRECT spelling of some words. Like savvy, which is not "savy" and wart, not "wort". It's good for us though. It makes us use our brains more than usual.

I am still pregnant, despite the persisent backache and contractions throughout the night. Everything, except the backache, has calmed down, so I guess it will be a while longer. I am going to take leave next week if Mason does not decide to show up. With the lack of sleep, it's hard to concentrate. Plus, I get tired of feeling like I am not contributing and that the gentlemen I work with (yes, the are gentlemen) are watching to make sure I am ok. I see the DR Thursday morning, so maybe we will find something out then. I can only hope.

1 comment:

Thumper said...

Pick a movie, you really, really want to see.

Make plans to see said movie.

Be just a few minutes ate, so that you're rushing to get ready.

Two minutes before youre ready to leave the house, your water will break and you'll go into labor.

It worked for me!