Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Update

Mom - She's fine though there were some complications during the surgery to replace her pacemaker. She should fully recover in te next few weeks and be back to her normal self. They have downgraded her from pneumonia to bronchitis though she is still coughing and hackng up furrballs. They say its the bronchial tubes that are inflames from the coughing that are still the problem. However, her kungs are clear now.

Derek - He's trying to finish his homework up so he can go to Austin this weekend. I am typing a paper for him so he doesn't have that hanging over his head. It's due tomorrow, hence the late night for me. He will leave Friday morning and should be back Tuesday night which will seem like forever for me, I know. I wish we could go with him, but life happens and we have to be flexible.

Mercedes - Poor kid. I know she's not getting enough attention and I really do feel bad for her. Overall, she's dealing very well with Mason's arrival, but I can tell she feels the lack of time. We just dont have enough time for everything right now, and we are torn in a million dirctions.

Alexis - seems to be okay, though I think she too is affected by the tumoil and chaos. Who isn't?

Mason - must be nice to be 13 days old. All you need to do is eat, poop and sleep. He has his two week checkup tomorrow, so hopefully all is well. I think I am producing more than enough mild to keep him happy. I cut his finger earlier while I was trying to cut his fingernails. Boy,m did I feel awful, Sigh!

Me - I am worn out and getting flakier each day. I am not at the point where I am thinking of ASKING for help. Just asking someone to take Mason for 2 or three hours so I can take a real nap. Today was a doozy waiting on Mom's surgery. I was really glad Laura went with me, becuase by 2:00 I was beat. It didn't help they told Mom 8:30 or 9:00 this morning and then didn't get her in until 1200. And then the surgery took an hour more than they originally said it would. I didn't get home until 6:00 om. Yep, I was tired. Mason however, did fine.

BTW - I am going to take the kids and get pictures next week. Mason's site is: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisathiem30/album?.dir=/b89b&.src=ph&.tok=phGDOADBU0PDQq9e
Plus he has his own blog now.
Alexis site - http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisathiem30/album?.dir=bbdc&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisathiem30/my_photos
Mercedes site: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisathiem30/album?.dir=4cfe&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisathiem30/my_photos

1 comment:

Thumper said...

Ask for help if you're abot to crash and burn--you got alot going on!

Tell your Mom I hope she's doing ALOT better!