Monday, May 09, 2005

Current Events

Yes, Mason arrived. Yes, I am still a little loopy from exhaustion. No, I am not ready to give him up yet. : )

As Derek mentioned (yes, he does know how to use the blog), Mason arrived 5/5/05, though not at 5:55 like we hoped. He arrived at 1158 pm to be a Cinco de Mayo baby (ahhh). He weighed in at 8 lbs 6.7 ozs (I am not that big!) and 20.2 inches. And he had a full head of hair just like his sister.

I still have not caught up on sleep, but I am doing better. I'm still in the afraid to put him down phase. This too shall pass.

Mom is home form the hospital now, though she is not allowed to touch Mason since she is still sick. I know that has to irritate her. A cute little bundle of joy, and she can't even cuddle him. And he loved to be cuddled.

Mercedes is very happy about the baby and wants to hold him and help with him all the time. It's cute, though a bit exasperating after a while.

Alexis has pitched in to help out and has been really awesome. She's a good kid anywys, but she's been really great.

For those of you voyeours who are curious about the whole experience. It didn't take much to convince the Dr that induction would be a good thing on Thursday. Something about too much stress in my life. Plus I had a cold and my BP was high when we got there. I was also already dilated to almost 2 which helped.

I was admitted and the induction started around 11:00. Unfortunately, I help out at 3 until early evening, hence no 5:55. Sometime between 5 and 8 I went to 5, but again, slow going. They gave me an epidural (Hevurley, ring any bells Mike?) around then and I went to sleep around 8. I woke up about 2 hrs later ready to start pushing. The downside wa that I am small and Mason was big. The result an hour or more of pushing with no result. The Dr, bless his soul, finally had to do a double episiotomy. Mason came right on out!

I am healing well, just tired. Mason is eating pretty well too and being a doll overall. It looks like I will not have a problem breastfeeding, though I am a little tender. He has hard gums.

The house is trashed, so that is on the agenda to work on when I feel better. For now, I need to go to the store and the orderly room. Fun stuff.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Congrats!! Glad things went well. I do know the person who did your epidural. He was deployed to Iraq when we left Ohio. Good to know he got back. Post some pictures of the new little guy when you can

Mike

Thumper said...

::waiting for pictures:::