Monday, May 02, 2005

Monday Morning, Early

I am not, by nature, a night owl, or a particularly early morning person either. However, I couldn't sleep. I am pretty sure I now have broncitis brought on by all of the stress of the past few days. Based on the stress that I know I have been under (yes, I can admit that I am not Superwoman), I am going to go make them give me a high blood pressure and stress test. C'mon, this isn't about me, it's about Mason, who I might add, really is an adrenaline junkie.

Last night was another fun night for the Thiem household. Mom was having a lot of trouble breathing and asked us to call the paramedics. One of the same firemen who was there was also there for Mercedes incident. He remembered and asked after her. Again, what fantastic neighbors we have. The offers of help and watching the girls really did take a load off of us. Thankfully, Mom seems to be fine now. There was a mucus plug blocking her airway. Once that came out, she perked right up. They wanted to keep her at least until today, just to make sure it didn't happen again. Poor Alexis, the last 4 or 5 days have been really rough on her. She seems to be doing alright though. We are keeping her home again today and plan to make a trip to the hospital later so she can visit Grandma and see for herself that she is alright.

I am hoping to get some rest this afternoon. I can't keep living on 3 hours of sleep a night. Mason does not have a problem with the lack of sleep, but it's really getting to me. It does not help that Mason thinks my bladde is a punching bag.

Someone else is awake, so the day begins.

Incidentally, Max, I do read your Blog. . . .

What follows is a list of different occupations. You must select at least five of them. You may add more if you like to your list before you pass it on (after you select five of the items as it was passed to you). Of the five you selected, you are to finish each phrase with what you would do as a member of that profession. Then pass it on to three other bloggers.And the list is:

If I could be a scientist... If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a musician... If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a painter... If I could be a gardener...I
f I could be a missionary... If I could be a chef...
If I could be an architect... If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a psychologist... If I could be a librarian...
If I could be an athlete... If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be an innkeeper... If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer... If I could be a backup dancer...
If I could be a llama-rider... If I could be a bonnie pirate...
If I could be a midget stripper... If I could be a proctologist...
If I could be a TV-Chat Show host... If I could be an actor...
If I could be a judge... If I could be a Jedi...
If I could be a mob boss... If I could be a backup singer...
If I could be a CEO... If I could be a movie reviewer...
If I could be a monkey's uncle... If I could be a CSI...
If I could be a contortionist... If I could be a TV preacher...
If I could be a permanent student. . .If I could be a model. . .
If I could be a cowboy. . . If I could be president. . .

If I could be a psychologist, I would want to work with "sticky, little people" or criminals (forensic psychologist). I would spend my time learning all of their secrets so I could develop better ways of solving their problems. I would solve the mystery of how serial killers come about (environment vs nature), or I would cure something that afflicts a lot of kids. I WOULD NOT promote the use of drugs in children unless it was ABSOLUTELY necessary.

If I could be a permanent student, I would take college classes for the rest of my life so I could learn. The subject would not really matter, everything from creative basketweaving 101 to Astrology. I would not even care about getting a degree. Just go to school and learn. Maybe even retake classes that are interesting and worthwhile.

If I could be a model, I would make it clear that being thin is NOT the most improtant thing. Beauty comes from the inside and truly beautiful people are the ones who you WANT to be around.

If I could be a cowboy, I would ride aorund on well-trained quarter-horse, and sing by the campfire after a hard, but satisfying day of work. I would stand up for the underdog (not the one in red tights), and be a role model for children. I would wear a 10 gallon hat that is dirty from years of work, and boots that have been worn well beyongd their use by date. I would die an unknow character and leave nothing behind but a grave marker saying Here Lies a Cowboy.

If I could be president (oh, this one is dangerous), I would strive for world peace. I would atempt to balance the budget (and keep it balanced). I would take care of children, the elderly, and the disabled. I would pass legislation that required clean fuel and better gas economy. I would take care of the military members.I would not play politcal games (so much for being president) and I would be bi-partisan. By the way, this is not a diatribe against the current president, who I think is doing the best he can in a tough job, God knows I wouldn't want to make some of the decisions he's had to make.

So now, tag you are it!

No comments: