Saturday, February 26, 2005

Way too early on Saturday

I just woke up. No reason, but I can't go back to sleep. So I thought I would come downstairs and attempt to do some schoolwork. I have some work to do on a classmates thesis since her advisor decided YESTERDAY to want her to have three other people review her case studies. Now, I don't know about you, but I am thinking it is a bit late in the game to be pulling one of those things on her. It's not like he hasn't be along for the ride the last year. This guy is a real winner as an advisor this year form what I can tell. He ripped his other advisee to shreds in his thesis defense a few weeks ago, and well, he's the one I changed from. I feel really bad for my classmate. She's completed writing and is trying to defend. She hopes to graduate with the rest of us in three weeks, so this "little task" is not good. Luckily, a few of us feel for her and are willing to do the work.

I am bad, really bad. Alexis told us she needed winter clothes. I guess after living in San Antonio for 6 years she might not be used to the cold : ) I hit the BX yesterday and pawed through the sale racks, since winter clothes are on sale (mostly) right now. I got her a whole new wardrobe (almost) for $66. And it was fun. Now, I just have to hope she hasn't grown. She tells me she hasn't but you never know until she tries stuff on. Plus, we got her some of the school supplies she's going to need, and started the enrollment process. Why is it that all schools look and smell the same? I think she will be ok there, everyone seemed nice enough. We are going to try to meet her teacher next week hopefully before she gets here, and then again after she arrives. So many parental things to do for older kids. I guess it's good practice for Mercedes in a year or two.

Mason had playtime last night. And he's quietly re-arranging mystomach at the moment. He's not as violent as he has been in the past, so it's not always easy to be sure it's him. Except when he kicks me and my tummy bounces like itt just did. I like it when he moved though, that really is the best part about being pregnant.

I turned in my (hopefully) final thesis yesterday. I really, REALLY, hope that it goes through and I can finish all the printing and administrivia they require. The "book report" is way past being fun. I am definitely thinking that I am not going to go any further in my educational goals. I would not mind another bachelor's degree, or possibly another master's in something I absolutely LOVE, but no Ph.D. Never. No. Not Going To Happen.

No comments: