Friday, February 25, 2005

IT'S FRIDAY!!

It's not that this week has been so bad, except for all of the running around, and the snow yesterday (Karen, you suck!). It's just that, well, I'm tired. The beached whale phenomena has come to visit our house.

On the cool side, the neighbor ladies have decided to give me a baby shower. That is so cool, and completely unexpected. They are such nice people, and I think it will be a LOT of fun.

Mom and I are gearing up for Alexis arrival. We have to go get her some winter clothes, since San Antonio is not known for their snow. We are going to try not to get her too much since spring should be here in the next months or so. We also have to get her school supplies, health insurance, and a lunch ticket, so we have our work cut out for us. She's worth it though, all of it.

BTW, why are four year olds so reluctant to get out of bed at 0700 during the week, but on Saturday and Sunday they are bright-eyed and bushy-tailed between 0730 and 0800? Is it a conspiracy? Do they plan it? Do they have an internal clock that runs on a weekly basis? Don't they understand that adults who go to bed between 8:00 and 9:00 still don't want to get up until AFTER 1000? And I am crazy enough to do this again, that's the really scary part.

The thundering herd has just made it downstairs. She's so cute when she's cleaned up. SHE STOLE MY BREAKFAST!

I should be sending out the final thesis document to my committee today. At least, that's the plan if my advisor accepts the changes.

Mason has been more quiet than usual the last few days. He wakes up occasionally just to remind me where my ribs are, but overall, quiet. I don't like him quiet. Sigh, I suppose I worry too much.

1 comment:

Thumper said...

:::opens the window, to bask in the 60 degree wetaher:::

The baby shower sounds fun. If I were there, I'd sit back and get drunk while everyone does whatever gets done at baby showers :)

I'm also stoked you're getting Alexis...that is one awesome kid.