Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sunday Morning Quiet

Well, the plan was to go to church, but it's time to be going and everyone else inh the house is still upstairs, except Mason. He's sitting in his swing cooing and smiling. He already had a shower this monring but hasn't gotten dressed yet. He's also eaten, so he really has no complaints with life.

Mason has definitely slowed down in the growth area. I am hoping it's nothing serious, though it's hard to say. He does not seem to have anything wrong. In fact, the issue seems to be that he is too busy learning to eat. I sincerely hope that's all it is.

I am working my way through laundry and such. It's not precisely my favorite pasttime, but it's got to be done. I also got somme new area rugs for the living room so I laid those down yesterday. I am now trying to convince Derek to do some more re-arranging so we can open up the cramped living room.

Mercedes is up. She just came downstairs wearing one of 'Lexi's t-shirts and holding a teddy bear. So cute. Gotta have her Fruit Loops.

I enjoy the early morning quiet before everyone gets up. I suppose it's selfish of me, but those quiet minutes are really nice. Soetimes, I feel like I have to go go go to get things done for everyone, and I don't have time to just enjoy life. I think it's called parenthood. The kids are worth it. And Iam sure I will have too much quiet time once they are grown up and gone. Sadly.

I just hope when they are grown up and gone that they are good people. I doubt they will change the world, but as long as they aren't destroying it, we will have done something right. It's fun to watch them grow up and develop personalities and become people in their own right. It's exciting to imagine what they are going to become and see the possibilites stretching out in front of them.

No comments: