Thursday, August 18, 2005

Blah

I feel fat. I know, I am really not fat, but I FEEL fat. You know that heavy, clothes-don't-fit-right, yucky feeling usually associated with periods and teenage angst? Uggg. My uniforms don't fit right, I hate looking at myself in the mirror, and how many sit-ups do I have to do before I see results? I am all about instant gratification. I've even laid off of the ice cream cookie sandwiches. I suppose you would tell me the skittles and peanut M&Ms are not a good idea either, but I get the munchies at work.

On the positive side, I have been working out. Granted I do not sweat barrels of sweat, or make my body ache for days, but some jog/walking, crunches, and pushups every day are good. I even go to the gym. Yes, me, the confirmed couch potato.

We took the girls to their second martial arts introduction. Oh my God, 'Lex is a natural. She picks it up so fast and you can SEE that she enjoys it. It's amazing to watch her, and I am so proud. Mercedes is, well, she's Mercedes. As with everything, she's up for the adventure as long as it doesn't take more than 20 minutes. The attention span of a 4 year old is a truly amazing thing. She's so cute though when she does her kicks and punches that she's a lot of fun to watch!

Derek is also going to start going to martial arts once or twice a week so he can get into some semblance of shape as well, and I don't mean the apple-like shape he currently sports. They have someone there who teaches that also has arthritis so it shouldn't be too bad.

They don't have anything for Mom at this time, but they are trying to find a Tai-Chi instructor and they said that would be good for Mom. I am all for anything that gets her to workout on a regular basis.

I am also thinking of starting a class when I return from my deployment, though I am not sure, our schedule is so jam-packed already that I am not sure where I would find the time.

Both girls are in swimming lessons again, though Alexis only has three more levels until she is done. Sigh! So fast. Mercedes starts soccer in a few weeks, and we still have gymnastics and guitar lessons. Busy busy busy. They love it all though. And next spring starts softball and t-ball.

Alexis starts school in a few weeks, so that will leave the house quiet during the day. Wow, the summer sure has flown by. We are going to Splash Moraine this weekend. We have been waiting all summer to go. We have Cirque du Soleil tickets in a few weeks too. That is the highlight of MY summer. We will probably make the obligatory zoo trip next month too, though I am not completely decided.

Today is Derek's final then he has a few weeks off. Thank GOD! He's a grouch when he's having issues (time or homework). We tiptoe around him. I am sure he will do well, though I am afriad, from what he says, that he won't get an A form this class. I can still wish him good luck though.

No comments: