Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Off schedule

I usually do this on Sunday mornings, but this last Sunday that didn't work out. So, here I am on Tuesday morning playing catch up. Micah is on my lap cooing and sticking his tongue out. Cute, huh? Can you believe he's 10 weeks old today?

Brittney and Alexis got here yesterday. We have many plans for the next few weeks, but we also have a variety of things we have to do to get ready to PCS. We have to go get passports, etc, as well as go through boxes and closets. I am starting to get rid of things already, just to make life easier on us.

I have to go start the process of getting passports for everyone. We have to get no-fee passports and tourist passports so that will be two sets of documents to maintain. Just one more thing tpo take care of.

We turned in our paperwork with a departture date of 1 October. With the way the rules are changing, I couldn't be sure they would be willing to extend me to December and I wasn't willing to take the chance, so I decided to just suck it up and go. It's a 3 year tour so we should be back in 2010 or so. That's not too bad. I am hoping that I will be able to get San Antonio for that assignment and ride it out to retirement.

We are all doing well. Derek is doing pretty good in his classes. I finished a class last week with an A1, which brought my GPA up to a 3.33. I start a new class this week, which is always fun. I need to go to the library today to pick up books for classes also.

We had a new experience this last weekend. Mercedes had an abcess, we don't know from what, but the ER doctor had to make a small incision to drain it. We are being seen at the wound clinic, so we are getting a variety of visits in these days. Cedes doesn't like it a lot either. She threw some really good screaming fits. I

We are going to bar b que with friends for the 4th of July. I imagine it will deteriorate into board games or card games by the end of the night. THat can get a bit out of hand, but it's fun.

I am still working out, though I am not sure it's helping me a lot. I think I have lost maybe an inch or two and a pound or so, but nothing drastic. I was hoping that the loose areas would be noticeably firmer. I guess I just have to keep a it. I am doing good about getting up and doing the walking routine. I don't really like going to the gym for the ABS and GLUTES class (butts and bellies), but I have been going. I have a couple of friends going so that makes it easier to force myself. Otherwise I would stick with teh Ab Lounge and hope it made a difference.

I am considering going to the martial arts classes with Derek and the girls once we get overseas.
I think it would help me stay in shape and flexible. It would take a while to get uo to speed though.

The girls and I are getting ready to head out for errands. Oh, the joy! Guess that's it for now. More to come though as things heat up for the PCS.

No comments: