Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What we are doing

We have been busy, which is not unusual for us. This last weekend we took the family to the Zoo in Cincinnati. I was pretty happy with it, though I had heard form other people that it was not that great. We went later in the day so we missed the higher temperatures, but we got a lot of walking in. That wore us out pretty quickly. We turned in everything for our passports yesterday. Yea! Now we are going through a pile of medical paperwork for Derek mostly. The medical people are saying we can't get our orders until it's done. What? I don't think so. We are also being told that our passports could take up to 10 weeks to arrive which is when we are due to leave. Add to that two weeks to get visas and we might not leave when we planned too. Sigh! We are going to be flexible though! We have too. I have been working out 3 days a week but I have pretty much given the Abs and glutes a pass. It's just not easy for me since I hate going to the gym and working out in front of other people. I have been walking on the treadmill 3 days a week, plus the regular walking I do, so I think I am getting some good workouts. I just need to lay off of the sugar cookies form Sam's. Those are SOOOO good! I have a busy week for class this week. I have a case study to work on for one class. For another I have a paper to start and a discussion question. I forgot to take a quiz for one class but I did it this morning. I expect I will lose some points for timeliness. I have another paper due next week, so I need to get that started too. Plenty to do. In August I go back to two classes and by the end of August I will be done for a week or two. I start two classes in Septemeber again, but that's only for two months. In November, I start the final course abd I will be done in December. Yea! I am up in the air about whether I want to do a third Master's in Business or Criminal Justice. Unfortunately, the Majors board has been moved back three months, so I don't expect to hear anything until March. I was hoping I would know by January that way I could decide whether to go start a degree or whether I will be starting professional military education by correspondence. I have to go to small arms training on Monday. I don't really mind, in fact, it's kind of fun, but it's one more thing I have to do. I have to adjust my leave though because I was suposed to be on leave. Fun stuff. I went through quite a few boxes from storage this last weekend. It was not an easy experience since a lot of the stuff was Mom's, but I whittled down form 7 boxes to one. I found a lot of pictures so that was nice. Mom was a packrat though. I really miss her right now. She would have loved Micah.

No comments: