Sunday, June 24, 2007

Got an assignment

Italy! Yes, I said Italy, ad in overseas. Shocked is the only way I can put it. We were not expecting to go overseas at all. We are going to make the best out of it though. We will try to travel some and make memories for everyone. The kids wil get to do a lot of things they would not experience here. We have already found a martial arts center for them, though it's a different style, and the school has band, so Alexis can continue with that. We are most concerned about housing, cars, and Jack. A lot of places do not allow big dogs, plus we have four kids. I am going to try to take out a loan to cover things for us, but there is no telling if it will work out. We are a bit scared.

In other news, I got a 95% on my paper that I turned in last week. I think the teacher was imbibing in alcoholic beverages when he was reading it becuase I thought I was pretty incoherent. I have a final and a mid-term to tke this week, so wish me luck.

All of the kids are healthy this week. Small miracles. We are also through with softball, THANK GOD! It wasn't the kids so much as the parents, though the girls could have issues too. The season was not great for us, but losing can teach a lt more than winning, though it's not as much fun. I'm hoping to keep Alexis in softball next year, though I have to see what they have available.

Alexis is not pleased about the upcoming move, and I can't really blame her, but I am hoping that at some point in the not too distant future she will be happy about it. I know it's a HUGE change, and Alexis dos not care for change usually.

We are also going to try to get the girls on a bowling team. We were going to do that here, but I don't think it's going to work out. My date to leave by is late October. I don't think they will let me extend out to December like I want, so I am probably going to leave the first of September to get the kids inschool there as soon as I can.

I am going to be a FLight CC, which is not as important as it sounds to non-Air Force people. I am curious though about how long I willstay with the job and what else I will do while I am there. I am afriad I will end up as an exec again. It's going to be busy enough as it is. At least I am using the bulk of my leave now, rather than waiting.

I am hoping to pay off bills while there as well. Wouldn't that be nice? There are a lot of credit things I can't use, so that's good. I think we can do it.

It also looks as if Derek will not be able to work while we are there, so he will be a stay-at-home Dad again. I am going to try to put Mason into daycare, at least part-time just to help him out. He needs the routine, and he would drive Derek bonkers.

Derek should be graduated before we go, so that's good. So far, the classes he's got have not seemed overwhelming. I think he will get passing grades and be done, which will be a relief for all of us. I know he's more than ready to be done.

I am going to have to finish up after we leave, which kind of sucks! I only have 3 more classes to go, but I can't add any more on right now. I am already struggling with 3 classes. I have two more papers due as well, so I don't want to add to my stress. It makes it a bit more interesting for me though. I fully intend to finish this degree.

In addition, I won't find out (here) about Major, which kind of bums me out. I really (REALLY) hope I make it. I don't know what we will do if I don't. Probably ride out what time Ihave left to me, the move to TExas. I would pay off as much as I could before coming back too.

ENough about us. I guess this means family and friends will have to use our blogs though.

3 comments:

Thumper said...

I suspect you're gonna like it there. I've had friends stationed at Aviano (?) and they wanted to stay so badly...

I never wanted to go overseas and am glad we didn't (BTDT as a kid...); our first assignment was to the Philippines but the Spouse Thingy was able to trade for Lackland.

Start learning italian now... ;)

Christina said...

Have fun, we have heard great things! Our neighbors brother and sister just went there but he is in the Army and deployed right away, and she is out there with a two year old and twin six month olds! Busy Mom! She is really enjoying it though!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.