Sunday, May 06, 2007

I need a break

Yep, motherhood is wonderful, but I am exhausted from lack of sleep. And Micah is definitely ours. He wants to be touching soomeone to sleep. We are getting him past this, but it takes time, and when it's 3 AM and I am exhausted, he wins! Every time!

Alexis and I are making pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Yummy! We are having pancake issues, so it's taking a while. We're almost done though.

We are going to go out to celebrate Mason's birthday tonight. I have to pick up the cake before we go. It's a Spiderman cake.

Speaking about Spiderman, we went to see Spiderman III non Friday. Yes, it had several cheesy parts. Yes, it was long. Derek liked it a lot, though it was not great. It was entertainment. I suppose we will end up buying it when it comes out on DVD.

I need to get laundry folded today, as well as get this weeks laundry washed. Sigh, it never ends. We really need to get the house cleaned up. I was having trouble keeping up before Micah was born, but it's even worse now. Half the time I have a boob attachment, the other half of the time I am not home because of softball or something else.

I did get logged on to work e-mail last night so I can keep up, kind of. Most of my work has been passed off to someone else. My replacement came in March, so he's catching a lot of my jobs. I will still be here until December (I think), so I will try to make myself useful. I have a couple of projects that I want to stay with to see where they go.

I am feeling fine, though I have an issue I have to get the doctor to schedule surgery for. My guess they will want me to wait for 3-6 months.

Mason is not getting any love right now. He's being a little bit of a bat. But he's two so it's to be expected. We all have to re-learn things now that there is another little person inthe house. The kids have to figure out their places, and we have to try to give them all attention while taking care of Micah and ourselves. So far, we are surviving, but the kids are trying our patience at every turn.

No comments: