Sunday, May 20, 2007

And I did this. . .why?

Ok, I understand that parents are protective of their kids. Believe me, I am! But c'mon. Do you think for one minute that your little angel can do no wrong AND that they are never going to be yelled at? And, oh by the way, the softball field is a LARGE area of land, so to be heard a coach kind of HAS to yell to be heard, whether they are "yelling" at your child for doing something wrong or just trying to get your child to move 3 feet to the left to cover the hole in outfield.

Well, yesterday, the parents were out in full force, either trying to "help" or making an ass of themselves becuase "their baby" might have gotten yelled at. Oh yea, I'm glad I am only the assistant coach. Becuase if this is the way the season is going, it's not going to be a lot of fun. Especially since a couple of the parents aren't the understanding types. They want their angels to play whatever base they think best and if they screw up it's not nearly as bad as the "retards: (yes, that was also said by parents about other kids ont he team). Why do youth sports turn nice people into complete jerks?

So, softball has started. And Derek and I are both trying to avoid schoolwork and housework. The dishes are piled up and the laundry is overflowing. Today's gonna be fun - NOT!

1 comment:

Thumper said...

Little League parents are everywhere. We had to deal with them even in karate tournaments...and that's a place you never know when one of them will take a swing at you. I learned to duck ;)

What used to really amaze me were the hyper LL parents when the Boy played t-ball. We didn't even keep score, but you can bet they knew who "won" and how much time their kid got on the field...