Sunday, October 09, 2005

10/9/05

It got cold this week. I mean cold enough that we are all wearing coats. I am not really complaining. I kind of like the change, it's nice. A brisk day is not only enjoyable but invigorating. However, the downside is the knowledge that it is a precursor to the truly cold weather. The weather that causes your nose to disappear, or at least all sensation to your nose within 5 seconds of stepping out the door. My only hope is that is waits until AFTER Halloween. However, Mason is prepared if it does get mind-numbing cold, he's got a furry Tigger suit. Mercedes however, will freeze, as she wanted to go as Barbie Fairytopia. BTW, for all of you Christmas present buying people, Mercedes loves Barbies. The rest of us are not so fond of them these days, but Mercedes loves them.

Mason has joined me here on the computer chair. He is talking up a storm these days. Literally, Blah blah blah blah blah, with some bubbles blown thrown in. He's very adamanat about what he's telling us, unfortunately, I universal baby language translator has not yet arrived. We do try to talk back to him in the misguided hope that he might just understand. He does know his name which is good, I am really glad he does not think Muffin Butt is his name. I will continue to call him that though and I have every intention of telling every single one of his girlfriends that Muffin Butt is my pet name for him. We'll see how much he dates after that : )

I am leaving for St Louis on Tuesday. My hotel overlooks the Arch so it should be nice. I do not intend to do the tourist thing since I will be in a symposium all day. I do however intend to take a few good books and my schoolwork to work on. I have a 15 page paper due in December, and I am NOT going to wiat until the last minnute to finish it. Yes, I know, everyone thinks I am crazy, but I really do like school. I enjoy learning and being in class, I just don't care for thesis writing.

The annual charity campaign for the AF has kicked off. I am donating $5 a month for each of the girls. Mercedes is giving to the Rheumotology Foundation (yes, I picked it) and Alexis is giving to Bat Conservaton International (www.batcon.org). She chose her own and I thought it was great. Bats need love too.

Alexis, Mercedes and I went to a haunted house on Friday night. Mercedes swore to me that she would be ok. I carried her most of the way through. I think we enjoyed it. Adterwards we had to go get the girls toy though, to soothe the fear. Or is that just me being played? We will go to at least one more. Possibly a haiunted maze or hayride. Possible with Mercedes favorite babysitter/friend.

Last night we went to a martial arts show. The black belt candidates had to put it on. It was pretty neat. They had obviously worked hard and dod a nice job.

And tomorrow the week begins again. No rest for the wicked.

No comments: