Saturday, April 05, 2008

Yea me

I found out that I passed my Comprehensive Final for my Security Management Master's. Yea Me! I didn't get the Pass with Distinction, but that's ok. I passed and considering that I didn't study, I thought I did REALLY well! Plus, I am officially done with the degree. Now I can focus myself elsewhere.

I start teaching later this montha nd I finish my first ACSC course. I think I am getting the hang of it (now). I have an essay next week and a few more discussion questions then the final. I hope I get a B out of all of this. I think that's where I am at right now. I woud have preferred an A, but I don't always "get" the material.

Next week is my first week on-call as a victim's advocate. It's a bit scary, but hopefully I will do ok. I did make the decision not to be an alternate SARC. It woud have been an awesome opportunity, but more than I need right now. I have a really full life already.

It's been a good week. I think I needed the time off. My sis is talking about coming back this summer so I might take some more time off then. We'll see how it goes.

I got another sunburn at the beach this week and that was with 50 SPF. Ouch! We all got some sun. I am using a LOT of aloe to try to keep it from causing too much trouble in the long term. In the meantime, it's uncomfortable. Really uncomfortable!

Derek is still job hunting. Unfortuantely, he is waiting to hear back from a job that he's hoping for. He got to the point of going in for a urinalysis, so we are hoping that's a good sign. It's an entrylevel job which would be good for him. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Back to work on Monday. Whew! That's going to be a lot of fun - not. I can only imagine how many e-mails I have waiting for me. Ugg! And what work will be piled up. There is just no telling : )

No comments: