Monday, April 28, 2008

How Crazy Can It Get

Derek started working his regular hours now. He's working three weekdays and Saturday from 0830 to 1930. He's not completely happy about the actual work he;'s doing, but he's hoping that if he sticks with it and does a good job he can get promoted within the company. I am cheering for him because I want to see him succeed. I really think he can do it, though I worry about him too.

He's a bit bummed that he won't be able to see the girls activities quite as much and I feel for him, but we all have to go through this. He is going to have to work out his at-home schedule to make sure he's getting done what he needs too, while still spending time with the family. It also means that I HAVE to make more of an effort to keep the house clean.

Unfortunately, someone who didn't know us came over on Sunday and looked at our house like we were disgusting people. Yep, I accept this. Considering our schedules and all of the things we do, it is to be expected, I think. Sadly, I hate that feeling though!

I am now teaching online. This is the first week, though I was working on my internship all of last week. I might be in slightly over my head though! I didn't realize I had agreed to teach two courses. I thought it was just the system sending me two notices. First-time teachers are only supposed to teach one course, so I didn't even think it was possible. However, it also means I get paid for two courses, so I am not going to complain. I am just going to suck it up and get through it. Once I am through, I will plan to teach one course at a time until I am out of school, unless I start feeling a lot more comfortable.

We spent most of the weekend outside in the pool or hot tub. The kids had a ball. Mason does not like being in the pool unless he is ON a floaty or in someones arms (where he can hang on for dear life), but I think he will get past this. Micah LOVES the water. He has a floaty that he rides around in and even falls asleep in. It's really cute. Mercedes is re-learning how to swim, but can't get enough of the pool and is turning into a little brown water baby. Alexis and BD got minor sunburns, but both enjoyed the water (with their friends) immensely. I guess the pool is a good thing for all of them. I even got in as did Derek.

No comments: