Monday, April 21, 2008

Happenings and Occurrences

Derek started work last week and it seemed like it was just crazy busy! Mercedes had two weekday games, I had a volleyball game and we picked up the third car. Mercedes school had an event that I helped with. Plus I had to start picking Cedes up from daycare along with the boys and Derek had to drive to Pensacola and back every day.
He's driving this week too, but I don't think we have quite so much going on otherwise. Volleyball is over for me and though I think Mercedes has two games, I think one of them is on Saturday.
We made it through Prom on Saturday and went to the beach with friends on Sunday. By the time we got home last night, Derek and I were sapped. He laid down with Boo and that was the last I saw of both of them. The rest of us were just hanging out watching movies until bedtime.
I start my teaching today. This is my prep week, then next week is the real thing. Am I ready? I have no idea! I hope so.
I take the final for my first ACSC class this week also. I have read the material (mostly) but I just don't get it. I think it's material that I need to read and re-read when I am by myself with no distractions, and that just about NEVER happens.
I also became the flight commander last week so things at work were REALLY busy. It's not so bad, but there is a LOT I need to figure out and get worked. Fortunately, there are people there who have been there a while and really know their jobs!
So, funny thing happened last week. The Jeep had kittens! 5 of the little devils to be exact. On Wed night Derek got home, locked the doors rolled up the windows and then we left for volleyball and to pick up the new car. On Thursday BD went to get Cedes ball bag out of the Jeep and heard mewing. We finally figured out that the last time we put the top back on the Jeep, the back window did not get zipped all the way down on one side and this resourceful mother cat found that ONE openeing and had her kittens in the Jeep. Fortunately, there was a towel in the Jeep and she used that. Derek found the "owner" so no cats for me. I will say though that if you are trying to be a good Samaritan, do the job right. Don't feed strays so they stay in the neighborhood and have MORE kittens. Find them homes or take them to a No Kill shelter.

No comments: