Monday, September 17, 2007

As the stomach churns

I did it! I walked the 5K at a pace of 45:40. Yes, my legs hurt! But I did it! Now I am thinking I will be walking the 1/2 marathon next year! Alexis said she might be willing to walk it with me. I think it would be cool to do. I have a training regimen already, so I can plan for it. Anyone who wants can join us, I am sure we could find plenty to gossip about : )

We should have orders in the next few days. I heard form my sponsor today as well. My orders will say I am taking a flight commander position, but I won't be doing that for at least a year or so. Overall though, it sounds like it won't be too overwhelming, though you never know. My first order of business is to get back into shape. Derek intends to start working out at lunch 3 days a wekk, so that will help. I have to force myself to do the rest. I had the pulmonary function test today and the tech though I did well, so that doesn't look like it will be a limiting factor. I just have to get back into shape.

I have been helping Derek job hunt. I think he has a decent chance, but you never know. I really hope he finds something he can live with though. He's not stressing out (yet) so that's good, but if he doesn't find something, he will probably start getting worried.

Derek working will change our lives quite a bit. I hope we don't go too crazy as we get used to it. We might have to hire someone to come in and clean the house once a week to help out, but that's something for future. For now we need to focus on finding a place to live, getting rid of the truck Derek bought to go to Italy, and getting Derek a job. Moving is SOO much fun - NOT!

1 comment:

Christina said...

It always seem so overwhelming until after you get there and then things just seem to go the way you intened them to go anyway! It all works out the way it is supposed to in the end! Have fun in Florida!