Sunday, September 04, 2005

9/4/05

Another thing I have always wanted to do marked off the list. Now I just need to go parasailing, snow skiing, and bungee jumping. I don't think that's too much to dream of. And it's all entirely doable. I will say that the worst thing about Cirque du Soleil (aside from the seats not being high enough to see over the tall man sitting in front of me) was that it ended. Mason and Mercedes were both entranced. I don't know that Alexis was so interested. She's going through a low period, so she doesn't seem very interested in anything.

I was in Arizona for a few days this last week. Wow! What a beautiful state. I got caught in one of the monsoon storms, which was also cool. Everything there was intense. The sunset was fantastic, the weather was gorgeous, and the landscape was breathtaking. I could live there I think. There was no humidity so00 it was much nicer, as far as I am concerned.

I missed Mason's well-baby checkup. I was sorry about that. And the trip was long. The plane transfers were rough. It was also 3 hours different which was a bit rough. The meetings were productive and will be important to the work I am doing.

Speaking of work, there is much to do and I am going to be caught in the middle of it. I will also be finding out in the next month or so about whether or not I am going to deploy. I am treating it as a given, however, there could possible be a chance that I won't go. Deploying makes it more likely to make major and possibly go farther, however, I have to leave Derek and the kids on their own. That's a bit scary.

We are having a neighborhood bar b que tomorrow. That should be alright. We have some new neighbors we have not met yet. It will be nice to sit and gossip with everyone too. Yes, I freely admit we sit and gossip. The intention is never malicious though. We chat about kids and life. Everyone is gone now from when we first moved here (and we miss those who have left), so we must build new friendships.

We went to a store yesterday and looked at ferrets. As much as we would like one, there is no way. We don't have the room, plus, I don't have the time. They are cute, but upon reflection I really can't have one. It's like the mpuppies and kitties, I would LOVE to have them, but the house is already too small and my time is limited. Everyone is already complaining they want more time with me and I don't have it. I am already stretched and not getting things done around the house. It really has my stressed out. I suppose I worry too much or take too much on myself, but that's how I feel. I can't do or say anything right. Most of the time I just feel overwhlemed trying to deal with everyone and everything. Nothing I do makes things better it seems. And I suppose I am just whining. Maybe it's the lack of sleep.

Speaking of sleep, I think I will go now to bed.

No comments: