Tuesday, September 20, 2005

9/20/05

I was walking out the door yesterday morning to go to work and I had to stop for a moment and admire the gorgeous sunrise. And I do mean gorgeous. It was pinkish-orange with clouds streaked across it and reflecting some of the light. The air was fresh and cool, not cold. It smelled so good. The air was moist and felt so clean and pure. You don't get many of those. They make you feel good and positive that the day will be good. I get so wrapped up in going to work, that I miss the pure, intense joy of sunrises that are happening at the same time.

Today is gonna be a fun day. Mercedes has a DRs appt at 2:00 this afternoon and Derek can't take her. So I will leave work around 1200 to come home, eat lunch, feed Mason, then leave NLT 1315 to go pick up Mercedes and go to the DRs appt. I think she needs the appt again. This was supposed to be a followup but she started the uncontrollable coughing again last night. Poor baby. She sounded miserable.

I figure since I am over there anways, I will try to hit legal and clothing sales. I don't think I will have time for my usual workout, though. I guess soccer practice (Mercedes) will have to count. I don't think Iwill ever volunteer to be an asst coach again. I am not very good at it.

Still no deplyment news. So much for the 120 days notice. I am not confident that this means I will not go though. Still waiting. And I am not patient. As the wishing well in Daffy Duck's Fantastic Island said: "Patience is seldom found in humans and never in a duck. No, I am not a duck!

No comments: