Thursday, September 29, 2005

9/28/05

As always, we are busy. We are getting better though. And after October, life will be much quieter for everyone.
Alexis came home with her first report from school. She did well n everything and has no bad remarks. That was great to hear. She said she's been having some trouble remembering to bring home all of her homework, but hopefully we will be able to work that out. She was very upset about that last night. We have parent-teacher conferences coming up so I will ask then what the specific guidelines are from the teacher. Alexis also said that some of the kids are stealing form each other. The classes rotate and so the other classes are taking things from desks that aren't theirs. I guess we get to discuss that with the teacher too. It's not fair that she has to worry about her stuff being stolen. School is hard enough without worrying about things like that.
Both Alexis and Mercedes are doing well in martial arts. They have both gotten tapes this week, and Alexis, at least, will be testing for her next belt in October, I think. Derek is not fairing quite so well, though he is sticking with it. We are going to watch the black belts test for their next level next weekend, so that ought to give everyone an idea of how much work they have to do to progress.
The weather turned cold last night. It actually felt like Fall. However, any convertible-driving, California-living, diet-caffeine-free Mt Dew drinking people I know DO NOT need to remind me of how nice the weather is in California. Just remember, I heard your complaints of heat this summer and actually felt sorry for you. Oh, and by the way, be nice or I will buy the flamingo hat I found and send it to Max to put on you while you sleep. He will, I know he will. He would probably be happy to take pictures and post them on your blog too since you do it to him.
The sunrise this morning was absolutely spectacular. I am one of those strange people who is enamored with the sunrises and sunset, so I take note. This one was truly gorgeous, more so than the one I saw a few weeks ago. The sun coming up in the east was a brilliant yellowish-orange with shades of color fading to pink and blue. There were big puffy clouds littering the sky and reflecting some of the light as well. The sun, though, truly it was a sight to see. It was not at all dull, but very bright and vibrant. It was causing metal buildings to glow with the orange light. You don't see the sunrise like that very often. Of course, you have to be awake and outside to see it at all, and I know most people, if awake, have their nose deep in a cup of coffee trying to wake up.
Mom and I went to lunch today with Mason. There was an office function and with Mom watching Mason, I decided to give her a break and bring her along. We went to Longhorn Steakhouse which is not a cheap place for lunch, though it was good. Mason had a ball, there were many women to flirt with and cuddle, so he was thrilled. Mom enjoyed getting out and being with other adults. Some of the ladies were her age so that was even better. I don't mean to keep her cooped up at home, but I think sometimes she feels like the walls are closing in. She's got a trip planned to Wichita to see a friend in a few weeks, so I think that will really help. Plus she can get her drivers license.
Derek got his psychology test back today. He's not too upset over it. He got an A. He's got another test or two out still that he is not so sure about. I hope he does well on them. He gets so frustrated when he has problems. I think he's too hard on himself, but there's not much I can do.

1 comment:

Thumper said...

OK. I won't tell you about how it's only 76 outside right now...