Friday, May 30, 2008

May Flowers

Wow, life just continues to stay busy! Derek is feeling the burn of working full time and wishing he didn’t have too! He’s now realizing how much he enjoyed being home with the kids and being available for all of their events. I know the feeling about missing all of the big and little things that go on in their lives. I feel that way all of the time. He’s also finding that he has a LOT of things he has to do on those few days off. He had to get a filling fixed that fell out on the Ohio trip and make appts for other doctors visits.

‘Lex’s dog also did some (more) damage while we were gone, so he’s looking into getting that repaired. Just one more expense. Unfortunately, we can’t, in good conscience get rid of her since she’s not registered or trained and is very destructive. Alexis has to have her with her as long as she’s home so that the dog gets more attention. I am hoping this helps with her destructive tendencies, though I think part of it is that she’s a “working breed” an needs more physical activity. We are an active family but not with the animals so much. As I have said repeatedly, we need to have small dogs. They are easier to manage and require different kinds of attention.

We found out recently that the two older girls will not be able to play softball this summer, which is really unfortunate. I know they both wanted too, though in a way it’s good. Less pressure on Derek and I. However, we are going to put Alexis into martial arts again, and Mercedes will probably start dance or gymnastics soon, though it may end up being martial arts too. BD is already starting basketball practices for next year, so she’s got a lot on her plate along with two on-line classes for High School.

I slacked off last week and I can really tell this week. I had to run on Tuesday and I thought I was going to fall over. This morning’s exercise was not much better. I have also plateaued as far as weight goes, though that’s not a big deal, overall. I would like to lose another 5-7 pounds, but the important thing to me is to get back into shape. Of course, that’s easier said than done! I’m going to keep working at it though and see what I can achieve.

I am about halfway through this first teaching gig and I think I have decided that I should only teach 1 class at a time. Grading 35+ assignments, twice a week takes up a LOT of my time. I am also trying to spend more time with the kids because the first few weeks really took a toll. I feel bad that I am pushing a lot of my responsibilities off on the older girls and not spending the time I need to with the little ones. I know they are feeling it too. I have about 4 more weeks before this first set of classes are over, so I expect I will know whether I am allowed to continue teaching in another two weeks or so.

It is looking pretty sure now that I will pin-on Major in August. I am guessing the promotion ceremony will be July 31, but I don’t know who will be able to make it, if anyone. Shell thinks she will be here, but there’s no telling. Things are tight, both in time and money for everyone these days. I am pretty excited though, that I am on course to actually get promoted. I am always scared that I will screw up and lose it. Yep, I have some kind of anxiety disorder, that’s the only answer.

No comments: