Thursday, May 22, 2008

Busy Time

I am getting things ready to leave tonight. I am also going to take a nap after lunch so that I am ready to go. I know that I will wear out, but I need to drive as far as I can before I ask Derek to drive. He's got to work tonight and won't be home until after 8. I hope we can make decent time getting there. I am not looking forward to the long trip, but I expect the kids to sleep most of the way, so that will be nice. My biggest concern is the cost of everything. Seems like gas keeps going up by leaps and bounds too so that DOES not help!

I am in the groove now with the teaching thing, I think. I am meeting all of my deadlines for right now. I have had several students drop, which I think is because they can't keep up with the number of assignments throughout the week. The work is not hard but it's steady and you have to keep up with it.

I am doing fine at work. My boss seems to be happy with me right now, though that could change. I am also looking at a deployment at some point in the next year, or so it seems. I kind of knew that was coming, though it's not something I am looking forward too. It's what I agreed to when I signed on though, so I will do my part and do the best I can.

Derek is also doing fine at his job. He got a nice note saying he had done a good job. He needs those things, I think, though he says they aren't improtant. I think he underestimates his value, but he says the same of me, so there is no telling him otherwise : )

We are heading to Ohio for Melanies graduation this weekend. We are all looking forward to it, though it's a long drive and with gas prices, very expensive. I know a lot of people are cutting back on travel because gas costs so much. You would think it would not be so hard to find another form of fuel, or is it that we aren't really looking becuase we are content with life as we know it? I wonder.

We went to see Iron Man a few weeks ago. I hope I didn't mention this already, but we liked it. It had a lot of action, though there were one or two parts we could have done without. Overall though, it was entertaining. Derek and I are going to go see the enw Indiana Jones movie this weekend while we are in Ohio. It will be cutting our time a little close since we are going after graduation, however, we think we can do it.

I've lost about 7-8 lbs now and am just about at my pre-pregnancy weight. I am pretty happy about that though I am not so happy about my stomach not flattening back out, which is what I really want. I don't mind the pounds as long as my body looks like what I want it too : ) I am going to try to take my PT test next week also. If I can pass them I am good for the next year. If I don't pass I can take it in June with no penalty. It works for me. I think I can do it, but I like having the buffer. I know it will be a "passing" score versus a "great" score, but I cna live with that. I mean, I am going to be 35, I think I am in pretty good shape, considering.

No comments: