Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Home Alone

Derek and Alexis are in Florida for the next few days house hunting and visiting the orthodontist. The house we really liked and wanted was leased last night, so now we have to find something else. Sigh! A lot of places have pools in the backyard. You know, I never thought I (we) would be the type of people to have a pool. Odd!

Can't beleive we are within 3 weeks of leavinhg. It's still not quite real. I am looking forward to it (overall), but I still have some concerns. I can't do anything about them right now though, so I am trying to keep everyone happy and calm. Derek is having issues with the calm part.

He's focused on househunting right now, but once that is over, he's going to start seriously job hunting. That's not exactly a fun thing, but it's gotta be done. I just want him to find something he can be happy with, you know?

And I am mostly done with XMAS shopping now. I have four boxes in the entryway ready to be mailed (next week). That just leaves Derek, Micah, the last of Cedes and the last of Mason's. I also have Derek's birthday covered. Yea! Go Lisa!

1 comment:

Thumper said...

Pools (as we have learned) are lotsa work... but they're fun. And unlike here, in FL you can probably use it year round (well we could, but I don't like swimming in 60 degree water...)