Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Where things stand - today

Surgery: I had the surgery for the torn internal muscle last week and the pain has been minimal and I feel great, though I am trying not to overdo it. But that's easier said than done with me : ) I am supposed to be on con leave for 6 weeks, but am going to ask it be cut to 2. That won't happen until next week though : ) IN the meantime, I am busy and enjoying the time off.

Derek: Is now done with school and got all A's for the summer. Yea Derek. Next week he gets to start working on getting us ready to move. Yea Derek! He's also going to get to pain. YEA DEREK!! The boys are in daycare through September, so there is no reason he can't get some things done around the house.

Move: We are now in week four of waiting for our medical clearance. I was told it only needs one more signature and its done. I think I am going to request a departure date change to give us another two weeks. Not because I am so enamoured of this place, but to take some stress off of us. Hopefully we will find something out this week.

School: Mercedes and Alexis are now back to school. Mercedes is thrilled with riding the bus and even has someone from her kindergarten in her class. She's easy to please though. She's also doing well wiht her glasses and has been wearing them like she's supposed too, so that's good. Alexis is fine with school though alittle bummed that her best friend is not in her class anymore. I guess it will make it a little easier to leave when the time comes.

I had to get new glasses this year due to a change in prescription. Nothing drastic, just something that needed to be done. Unfortunately, the cost of glasses gets painful very quickly. Overall tho, things are fine here. Keeping busy with friends and the kids.

1 comment:

Thumper said...

Take the 6 weeks! Why go back any sooner than you have to...unless it's to make Derek handle all the move stuff? Heh. :)