Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Well. . . .

You know, I always say how we live in chaos? We really (REALLY) do. But you know something, I think I like it!



The last week or so has been non-stop! Mostly, it started last Saturday, because that's when we started celebrating Alexis birthday! And let me just say, if she does not appreciate turning 13, it's not for our lack of trying. We started Saturday morning with my present to her. I took her for a teenager facial and a professional make-up application. From there we went and got her ears (re) pierced. After that we went home to get ready for the evening. We went and did family pictures and then we all went to eat at Sake, followed by a movie (Ratatouille - very cute).



That was just Saturday. On Sunday, we got up and went to Ihop (about 40 minutes away) and Sonic, then headed out to the stables to go horse riding. Mason rode a horse for the first time, he was SUCH a big boy! That evening Derek and I went to the Alison Krauss concert while Alexis got to have a sleepover. BTW - Alison Krauss was GREAT! It was like going to a jam session with 1,000 of my closest friends vs one big, loud party. I liked it!

Yesterday was my last day of leave : (, bummer! I still wish I could just stay home with the kids, at least for the first year! I don't feel like we got nearly enuf cuddle time! Poor Boo!

Brittney leaves this next Tuesday. I know all of the kids will be sad, but it will let us get back into our routine, such as it is.It will also let us get prepared for school. The girls have all of their school clothes and Cedes has all of her school supplies, but we don't know what we need for Alexis. So much fun!

Derek is now only two weeks away from being done! I know he can't wait and I know it will relieve both of our stress. He's considering a Master's, but that would be next year before he starts. It would give him something to do while we are in Italy, too.

I need to go to work now (Sigh!).

No comments: