Sunday, January 14, 2007

US

Wow! We so live in chaos. And it's not just chaos, but CHAOS! I wouldn't say that's altogether bad, but our life is crazy. We have martial arts, and Derek has school. I started school this term, plus I am still working. All of that together makes things a bit crazy, add in the pregnancy and kids getting sick, or having other things going on, oh, and I bowl one night a week, and you have full-blown mayhem. Life is always interesting!

School is good for me so far, not too overwhelming. Derek is doing really well so far about keeping up with his school. The current schedule seems to work better for him. It's harder for me though because I have to run the kids around.

Derek found out from the knee doc that it will be a while (if ever) before his knee is fully heeled. Nice how that works out for the DR isn't it? Would have been nice to have been told that up front. It doesn't look like Derek will be going back to martial arts here, if ever. Which was the whole point to have the surgery he had.

Micah Payton Thiem is an active little guy. He's six months along in the baking process with 3-3 1/2 months left to go. He's been making me really (really) sick the last two weeks, but I am hoping (praying, begging) that things are calming down again. The exhaustion I can deal with, but the exhaustion, nausea, constipations, headaches, and general yucky feeling gets to be a bit much. Again, though, I am hoping I am past the worst of that. At the moment, he's tap dancing on my insides. One of his favorite pastimes is to do somersaults around my belly button. Now THAT is an odd feeling.

These last couple of days have been a little sad for me. We are getting close to the time Mom went into the hospital last year, so it's hitting kind of hard. I miss her, I mean REALLY miss her. I knew, in an intellectual way that I would when the event happened, but the reality is so much worse. Unfortunately, life didn't stop so I could really grieve, so it hits me along the way, sometimes pretty hard. For example, Derek watching Million Dollar Baby with me in the room was a BAD thing last week. And I know that some people probably think, "Get over it already". Well, in the immortal words of Max the Psychokitty, PPHHHHTTTT! My feelings and I'm entitled to them. Though, I know most people would not think wrong of me for still REALLY, COMPLETELY missing my Mommy.

No comments: