Thursday, January 25, 2007

I hate Long Paydays!

Any of you who have had affiliation with the military understand what I mean. You budget yourself based on getting paid about every two weeks, but twice a year, it's closer to three weeks. Those two pay periods are when you run out of EVERYTHING, but you've already spent your budget. Yep, I am hoping I don't have to go to the grocery store (again) before payday. : )

Since I have your attention, let me direct your attention to the links on the right. I am "pimping" the kids websites, so please visit them and see what they are up too : )

I saw the doctor this morning and am now on the "two week" schedule. It seems a bit early to me, but I think the doctor is a bit concerned about my blood pressure. It's gone up enough that I am borderline high, so it warrants watching. He's also checking my platelet count because I am bruising easily and more deeply. I don't think there are any serious issues right now, but this doctor seems to be more inclined to make sure than the others. Of course, the techs keep trying to move me to another doctor, but I kind of like this guy. He's a bit abrupt, but he's efficient and doesn't blow me off like the others do.

Derek went to a job fair today and was completely disheartened. I guess he felt that the majority of the employers were looking for software engineers, and Derek wants to do network stuff. I can't really help him since I don't have the experience in these kinds of things. The AF ensures I have a job. I think he is looking in the wrong places in some instances, though, since I found 120 hits on one job site for this area. We'll see. I might post his resume on monster.com and careerbuilder.com

I am doing well in my online class. I have an A+ average now. I am working on the research paper too, which is ten pages. So far I have 3 1/2, and it's not due for a while. I intend to finish it next week and turn it in early so I can fix anything the teacher does not like. I am due to start a second class the week after next, plus I have to go to a two-week class for Acquisition Level II certification. Yes, I intend to make sure I have a NICE resume. You never know what the future holds.

The kids are doing well. We went out last night since Derek had class, though we lost track of time. I had to go to the grocery store (go figure), so I thought it would be nice to eat out and get smoothies. Mason tried to steal mine eventhough I got him a chocolate chip cookie. Brat!

Yum, potato soup smells good. Hope they get home soon. I still have 4 grilled cheese sandwiches to go.

I sent my packes in for Air Force Academy instructor. I am trying not to get my hopes up, but I am hopefuly that I will at least get a chance to be interviewed.
I think Colorado Springs would be nice as a next assignment. Either way, it's #1 on my list for both assignment and job. I think I would like teaching college students. I don't know if I would be a good teacher though.

No comments: