Thursday, November 17, 2005

The leave has ended

Sadly the last week has flown by. I got almost nothing accomplsihed, and today I have to go back to work. I guess Derek will have to make sure the house gets cleaned up. I am not holding ym breath though.

Mom made it home safe and sound last night. I think everyone was happy to have her back. The girls will miss sleeping in her room though.

Mason is not having a great morning so far. He spit up during the night, and was crying a short time ago. I am eating breakfast so I decided to let Derek deal with it. Mason has an ear infection in both ears, probably brought on by the nasal drainage from his allergies. This also led to his eyes gumming up which is why we went to the doctor in the first place. Mason does not like taking his medicine, at all, so that's an adventure in and of itself.

Derek finished finals and from the sound of it, he passed. Of course, the three or four days leading up to it weren't fun, for any of us. He now has a month and a half or so off to catch up on the stuff around the house that he let slack off during this last quarter. I don't know why but the fall quarter seems to be a problem for him.

Mercedes is doing ok, though I think she was tired last night. She was being very difficult so she went to bed early. Her allergies are really rough on her and have her coughing half the night without cough syrup. We will be so glad to get out of here. Hopefully the allergies will go away once we leave this area.

2 comments:

Thumper said...

You're there for a while, aren't you? That's a long tiem to be stuck with allergies. Poor kid :(

Kansas Cowgirl said...

Until 2008, ain't life fun?