Monday, September 07, 2009

Life Never Slows Down Here

I know you have heard it before. We just never seem to slow down...ever!

I finished my third Master's a few weeks ago and am just waiting for my final grades and diploma. The last two grades were passing but not as good as I would have liked. Oh well, with life being what it is, I have to accept I can't get all A's.

Derek is considering quitting in December to stay at home with the kids. He misses them like crazy and feels that they are suffering with how busy we are and that we are never home for them.

Brittney is in college now and so far things are working out. Due to some adminsitrative issues we have decided to adopt her, so that will obe complete in October. Yea! She's also taking a cardio class several days a week to stay in shape, so she's busy, since she also works a two jobs in between school.

Alexis is now in High School and is also very busy, moreso than she's ever been and I think it's getting to her (see her blog). She's working a few days a week, taking driver's ed, trying to maintain A's and B's, softball conditioning, and maartial arts. She's a busy girl, plus she's got a long distance boyfriend.

Mercedes is doing alright. She finally got to start dance classes and she's thrilled. Unfortuantely, she is going to have to work to catch up with her peers. She's not got a lot of "rhythm".

Mason and Micah are still witht he same daycare provider. She's started preschool programs with them so they are starting to get ready for school. It's hard to believe that Mason will be in kindergarten next year! He will probably start martial arts (along with Mercedes) in January too). Micah isn't old enough yet, and I am really not sure he needs to be taught how to hit anything! He's violent enough as it is. He's in full-blown two year old mode. Mercedes and Mason were nothign compared to them.

I am still working part-time (though it seems like more sometimes) at the online school. It's not a bad deal, though there are times I feel overwhelmed. It's helping me to pay off bills though so that's nice. Hopefully, I will be 1/3 less in debt by this time next year : )

We are still planning to go to Disney in November for the holiday. I think it will be a nice family trip. We need somerthing fun, away from here. I think we are all too wrapped up in our schedules!

No comments: