Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just Catching Up

Ok, I have gotten addicted to Facebook and MySpace. I am sure it will pass, but I have been spending WAY too much time on those sites!

I found out today that we are ready to start the second phase of Brittneys adoption. It should go fairly quickly fro here. I will pay the remainder of the attorney fees so that will prevent any legal hold-up. In the meantime, we are still trying to work through Brittneys problems with the college. If I didn't know better I would think they are doing it on purpose.

I will be done with this last Master's degree next week. Yes, I sped it up and added to my stress, but I am vulnerable for a career move in the next few months and the last thing I need is to be in the middlle of a degree. This one is military studies, so not good for much outside the Air Force, but it's a degree, so I won't complain (too much). It has really been stressing me out, so I will be very happy to be done.

I am also teaching four classes. I have taught up to six which can really kill me. As much as I enjoy the upper level classes, it is more than I can take. The amount of work is doubled and I am already feeling guilty about not spending more time with the kids, though I am trying to make a point of breaking away from the computer earlier to hang with them.

I am ready for school to start back up. We are trying to keep things quiet until Derek quits working. That should be next year, though I am still secretly hoping he gets a government job (Sigh!).

No comments: