Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Let's walk through this together.

I work. Supposedly full-time. I'm pregnant (16 weeks). I support a husband who is supposed to be the house-spouse and 3 (soon to be 4) kids. Why is it then, that my spouse seems to act like he's doing EVERYTHING and every little thing he does is just so freaking huge? I get that he is in school full-time, I do. But rather than use his time wisely, he's always waiting until the last minute, or putting things off. I get the arthritis thing, I really do, but for SOME reason, that never stops him from doing the FUN stuff. And the whole temper thing? Get over it! If you are going to stay up until 2 in the mornng, then be aware you are gonoing to have to get up and get the kids ready whether you feel like it or not, so don't growl at them. AND, if you are going to stay up that late-TURN the freaking TV off and do some hosuework instead of sitting aorund, then complaining later about never having time to get things done. AND STOP minimizing my feelings, both physical and emotional. I get that as a man, no one can ever feel nearly as bad as you, but get over yourself.

Yes, I am ranting, no, you don't need to respond, I just needed to get that off my chest. I've been (deathly ?) ill since Friday. On Saturday I got to visit the ER (temp of 100.7). On Sunday I probably should have visited the ER, but was too stubborn. My temperature was 102.1 to 99.4, depending on if the Tylenol was working. Oh, it was a lovely day, not. I went to the doctor Monday - no temperature. Nice, huh. However, I was finally given something to make the headache go away. Bliss - sheer bliss. Now I am just compeltely exhausted. Today is day 3 of staying at ome trying to sleep (between phone calls, Derek, and children).

I am hoping this illness has not hurt baby, but the temperatures were pretty high and I am just now eating and drinking enough again.I don't think there's anything wrong, but I am slightly neurotic where the baby is concerned. Right now, I am going to go back to bed and pass out for two hours. Jealous? Don't be, it comes with a sore throat, coughing, headache, body aches, and assorted other miseries. Be happy you can function.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I think that most men feel the same way as Derek! We as woman should always appreciate everything they do like they just fixed the world! I am not sure why but the world revolves around them! Just remember that they all have their good points also! That is why is so nice to have them around, most of the time!