Sunday, March 04, 2007

Howdy

Week 32 starts Tuesday. Woo hoo! Micah is doing well, continueing to grow and be active, so everything SEEMS to be going well. Last weeks ultrasound looked good, and he is definitely still a boy!

I am off to Montery, CA for a conference this next week. This is my last trip until after Micah is born. I'm glad as it's getting uncomfortable to travel these days.

Work has been busy so I have plenty to do to keep me occupied at work. I also have two classes, so that keeps me busy too. I got an A from my first class, but the second class is looking like a B. I start the third class this week, so we'll see. I start one class once a month, and finish one class once a month, so it's an interesting schedule for me.

Derek will be taking finals in his three classes in the next few weeks, then he will have "Spring Break". He's just ready to be done. Only a few more months. August is his expected graduation date, so he just has to keep it up until then. After that it's job hunting.

He's back into martial arts now, though he broke a toe last week. Sigh - he's just fragile. He says he can tell how out of shape he has gotten, so he is looking forward to getting back into shape, though it will take a while.

I have found several fitness classes I want to take after Micah is born. One is for glutes and abs. It will be two or three days a week, and, of course, focus on glutes and abs, a mother's worst two areas : ) The other class is American Kempo. Derek wants me to go to the same place he and the girls go, but the Kempo class is on base, so no cost. I will have to work out on my own as well to get ready for the run, but I think I can do it if I force myself.

We got Micah's co-sleeper last week. Hopefully it will work alright. We have a few other things left to get. I need to get some more baby towels, but other than that I think we've got most everythng we need. Sigh - I wouldn't mind going shopping for baby clothes, but witht he storage constraints we have, I can't justify it : ( I will probably get a couple of things though.

It doesn't look like I will be deploying this fall after all. I have six month post-delivery before I can deploy, which puts us into November. Most of the positions need to be filled in Septmeber/October. I will try to go later, maybe after Micah is a year or two old.

I have not heard anything about possibly going to the AF Academy for my next assignment. I am hoping to find out in May or June, though. Unfortunately, the process is not transparent, so I have to call to find out anything.

Alexis has grown again, so we need to go get her some new shirts. She's starting to slim down and get her young woman's body. Sigh! Boys are noticing her, just what we don't need.

Mercedes is doing well. She's reading and doing well in school. Shenhas grown, though right now she's plateaued which is good for us. We had to get all of her softball gear, so we don't need to replace it right away.

Mason is growing a little, though not putting on weight. He's small like Derek and I were growing up, but I am not stressing about it. He's maturing and developing so I don't think there's anything wrong.

We are still hoping to go on our trip to Disney in November and we are making plans accordingly. The kids and I are excited. We've never taken a family vacation before. We always go to visit someone for a reason rather than to just go enjoy ourselves. Not that visiting family isn't nice, but this will be different.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I am glad to hear that everything is going great for you guys! So jealous about Disney! Have a great time!