Sunday, July 30, 2006

I hate packing!

Have I mentioned I hate packing? I REALLY hate packing! And to add to the fun, we are going to paint. Ok, yes, I agreed to paint. And yes, I am excited to have a slightly pigger house, and YES, I think paint will make it look homier, but geez, that's a lot of work. AND you know I am LAZY!

We start moving in on Friday. That means we should have the keys to the house by 5:00 pm on Friday from our experience with housing. We are hiring the neighborhood kids to help us move starting on Saturday. $20 and all the pizza you can eat. I figure one day should get the bulky stuff moved, the rest is going to be boxes and misc stuff. And a lot of stuff will be going to the thrift store or storage. We are going to take this opportunity to re-organize our lives and start new. Hope it works.

I am sponsoring in a new LT. She's brand new (still shiny) to the AF, but super sweet. She's replacing the LT who I work with (and I think we are friends) so I won't be all alone. She's already found a place to live (I swear I did not mean to find a place her second day here that was EXACTLY what she wanted and needed). It's a bit more that she wanted in terms of price, but it's two bedrooms so it's doable for her. And there are lots of amenities.

Oh, back to the painting, we are going to do the living room in a wine color, Alexis room in a not quite pastel green (I love it),Mercedes in Barbie pink, and our room in a conservative mediu, blue. I am so excited.

We are going out to eat tonight, so I need to get busy filling up boxes (did I mention that I hate moving?). I didn't realize how many books I have. BUt I refuse to part with most of them. They're mine, mine, I tell ya.

2 comments:

Thumper said...

We finally HAD to part with a lot of our books...when you can't park in a 2 car garage for all the book boxes, it's time to let them go. The only consolation to it is knowing that now we can buy more books... :)

Have fun moving!

Christina said...

Good Luck with moving! our neighbors here are trying to talk us into moving after they renovate these houses to one across the street but I have decided that only if all of our stuff gets there all by itself! As to the books, Pat won't get rid of any of his books also but I am slowly talking him into donating them to the library a few at a time. He feels that this way they are not realy going away!