Saturday, June 03, 2006

Goin' to the market

There's a market in Dayton, Ohio and I'm going. It's Saturday morning before 0800 and I am awake and I'm going to the Farmer's market. I am going to eat breakfast there at one of those little specialty shops and I am going to enjoy it. I am going to buy foccacia bread and cinnamon bread that someone else worked very hard on, and I am going to love it. I am going to leave all of the kids home with Derek and I am going to love that too. I do not feel guilty about this - at all.

I went through a whole week of no ER visits. We did find out that Derek will NOT be having knee surgery. His neurosurgeon says no general anethesia AND Derek needs the neck surgery in the next 6 months AND he won't do it. The neurosurgeon wants Derek to go to someone who specializes in rheumatology and surgery. Yeesh - how specialized can you get? I'm sorry Ma'am, I can only work on your big toe on your right foot every other Tuesday at 0900? No freaking wonder it costs so much to go to the doctor.

We (the kids and I) went to Kansas last weekend. Of course, for whatever reason, I was sick! Yea, that made the trip so muchmore fun. We went and visited Mom, who, by the way, I REALLY miss! We left her flowers which does not seem adequate, but it's the best we could do. We also went to Boothill Museum. Yes, there really is a Boothill in Dodge City, KS. We saw the gunfight,a te a chuckwagon dinner, and saw the variety show with Can Can Dancers at the LongBranch Saloon. The kids had a ball. The van we rented worked out very well for us, and would be something to consider again int he future. Of course it would only be for shorter trips. The cost would kill us for anything more that 4 or 5 days.

We have a busy weekend planned. Today we are going to get our hair cut. All of us! Oh yea, we have 3 hours set aside for that alone. From there, we are coming home for a neighborhood shrimp bake. That ought to be fun. We might go see XMEN III if we can get away early enough. Tomorrow we have a birthday party, a soccer game and then we are going horseback riding. We are gonna be beat once we get home!

My ride is here, so have a LOVELY day!

No comments: